Terms and Conditions
25 November 2020
This Website is owned and operated by Gemfields LTD, on behalf of Gemfields Foundation, both of which have their registered office at 1 Cathedral Piazza, London, SW1E 5BP, United Kingdom.
Gemfields appreciates that protection of your privacy is very important to you. This Privacy Notice sets out the data which Gemfields collects about you and how Gemfields uses your personal data.
This Privacy Notice applies to our Website at https://www.gemfieldsfoundation.org (the Website) and to any other dealings which we may have with you.
Gemfields Limited (a UK registered company, with company number 05129023) of 1 Cathedral Piazza, London, SW1E 5BP (Gemfields we or us) is the data controller in respect of your personal data.
We collect the following information from you:
Information you give us:
Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website (such as the “Contact Us” page) or by dealing with us or our representatives by telephone, e-mail, in person or otherwise.
This information will include:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your address;
- phone number;
- your company or organisation; and
- the subject and substance of any message or query you send to us.
It is important that any personal data we retain about you is accurate. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes at any point during your relationship with us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Information we collect about you:
We and our service providers collect various pieces of technical information, each time you visit the Website. This information will include details on the Website traffic and other commercial information. We do not pass these statistics onto other parties.
We and our service providers collect your personal data for the following purposes:
In respect of your user experience:
- to review and improve your online experience with the Website;
- to respond to enquiries you place with us, either via the Website, telephone or via e-mail;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer;
- to assist you with any future interactions with Gemfields;
- to let you know of any products, services and events which we feel may be of interest to you; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
In respect of technical and administrative matters:
- to notify you about changes to our business practices, services or to the Website;
- to administer the Website and for our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising which we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We rely on the following legal basis for processing your Personal Data:
It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us (for example, operating and making available the Website, and providing you with information about our operations and services, particularly in connection with responding to any enquiries and notifying you of any events which we feel may be of interest to you).
Gemfields will share your personal data with the following third party recipients or categories of recipients:
- other Gemfields staff in locations around the world;
- our third party suppliers who help us maintain the Website and support our business e.g. our hosting provider, Website developers, marketing agencies and our IT support team;
- law enforcement, regulatory bodies and fraud prevention agencies, to comply with our legal obligations or to help tackle fraud or investigate any breach of the Website terms and conditions or this Privacy Notice;
- other Gemfields group company members; and
- any prospective buyer of our business or assets.
Data transfers. If we intend to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, it is to Gemfields group companies and third party recipients.
Data retention and storage. We will keep your personal data for as long as we have a commercial relationship with you or to comply with our legal obligations and any contractual obligations we might be subject to. After this period, we will delete your personal data in a safe and secure manner. Your personal data is held within the UK, regardless of the location in which the data was collected.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we sue them, please see our Cookies Policy.
Your rights. You have the general right to request from us:
- access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of your personal data; or
- the right to data portability.
If you wish to stop receiving any emails from us, you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which we process your personal data.
Third Party links to the Website. This Website may include third party links (for instance social media sites). Clicking on these links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party links and are not responsible for their privacy statements or for what happens to you after you leave this Website. When you leave this Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every other Website you visit.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
- From time to time we may need to update this Privacy Notice to ensure that it remains up to date. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the Website.
Please refer to the date at the top of the Privacy Notice to make sure that you are looking at the latest version.
CONDITIONS OF USE OF OUR WEBSITE
This Website is owned and operated by Gemfields LTD which has its registered office at 1 Cathedral Piazza, London, SW1E 5BP.
If you do not wish to accept these terms and conditions of use of our Website, you should not use our Website. By using our Website, you agree to these terms and conditions of use. We may revise these terms- if we do the latest date of update will be noted at the end of these terms.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Gemfields is the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights (designs, images, graphics, photographs, sounds, videos, copyright, trademarks etc) in the Website and any material published on it. This material is protected by intellectual property laws around the world.
Nothing on this Website or any material displayed on it may be copied, reproduced, adapted, downloaded, distributed, or used or exploited in any way, in whole or in part, without the prior express written permission of Gemfields. This is an important term for us and Gemfields is vigilant in protecting its intellectual property rights.
You may link to our Website but you must link to our home page so that users of your site do not think we are associated or connected to you. When sites do link to our Website, or when we link to other sites, we are not responsible for the content on the other sites or any use you make of those sites. Those sites will have their own terms and conditions of use.
- NO COMMERCIAL USE
You are permitted to print one copy of any of the pages from our Website for your own personal, non-commercial reference. You may not copy, adapt, publish, transmit, generate advertising, or use or exploit the site in any other way.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE
We have taken care to ensure that information and material on this site is accurate but we make no representation and give no guarantee that it meets any particular standard of reliability or accuracy. It is provided free of charge for your own personal information. The information is not intended for business or academic use.
- LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permissible by law, we expressly exclude liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, whether in contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of your or anyone else’s use of this Website or the reliance of information on it.
If we are held liable by a court of competent jurisdiction for any loss you suffer as a result of your use of, or inability to use, this Website, or use of any information on it, you agree that the maximum liability to Gemfields, is GBP 5,000.
Nothing in this section limits or excludes the liability of Gemfields for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
These terms and conditions of use are governed by the laws of England and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts irrespective of where you live or access our Website
This Cookies Policy is for our Website at https://www.gemfieldsfoundation.org (the Website).
25 November 2020
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or device, if you agree to the terms of this policy. Cookies contain information that is transferred to and from your device.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to submit a request using the “Contact Us” form.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise you as a visitor, to count the number of visitors to the Website and to see how visitors navigate the Website. These cookies help us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website or to provide you with services that you have asked for (for example, allowing you to watch a video on the Website).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, and are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
From time to time we may need to update this Cookies Policy to ensure that it remains up to date. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the Website.
Please refer to the date at the top of the Cookies Policy to make sure that you are looking at the latest version.